It's easy to activate a script with a single click. There is no misuse possible. It's fast and efficient. And you remain the master.
I wrote this documentation to guide you efficiently. Don't hesitate to contact me on the site or on Discord if it doesn't answer your question.
Activate an Addon on Gmod, in few steps here it is possible, it is simple and it works perfectly well. You don't need any specific skills. Your server displays an [UNKNOW COMMAND] in the Gmod console when you use the command nordahl_checkup_scriptprotection. I also list here the known problems with their solutions, so I explain how to enable and disable it.
1. DRM addon activation guide Activating a Script on Gmod in a few steps here is possible and moreover it is simple and works perfectly well. You don't need any specific skills.
Follow its steps :
First install the addon in the addons folder of your gmod server, and without renaming it.
Reboot your server, to be sure that the installation is well taken into account.
On the site click on the addon you want to activate from your list of purchased addons
The IP addresses of the servers where your addons are installed will be displayed. Simply click on : Activate on the line of the server you want to activate.
Reboot your server one last time. And you're done.
Gif illustration of the ridiculously simple process:
2. How to disable a DRM addon in one click This is where it gets difficult, just click on the same button to switch back to: OFF. And that's it.
3. Why do some addons have DRM and others not? All my scripts don't need to be protected by a DRM, either because they are mostly client-side or too old and therefore leaked a lot. Protecting them would not make sense because they have already been leaked many times by bad people and there are several versions of my addons leaked on the web, you are free to use them to discover them but it is not recommended.
4. Support : Why is my server not displayed in the activation page of my addon? What are the solutions?
The only known problem is that you can't find your server's ip address in the activation list. Don't panic, it happens and the problem is never far away. Check all these points one by one there is a good chance that the solution is here, then open a support ticket if the solutions in this list are not enough:
The new activation system works only with the official and updated versions, downloaded here on Originahl Scripts, avoid leaks, remove the old version installed (The one I sold on Gmodstore or on Scriptfodder are not updated since 2017).
Did you reboot your server after installation? If not, do it.
Did you join your server after the reboot. Connecting to your server once is important because sometimes on some server configurations it stays in hibernation mode until the first player connects. If you have just rebooted your server, log in to your server once so that it is no longer in hibernation mode and will be able to function properly for the rest of the time.
Did you install the script in the right place? That is to say only in the addons folder of your Gmod server and not elsewhere.
Did you unzip the addon? It often happens that the installer doesn't unzip the file, to check this you should be able to at least spawn the tools and open the interfaces by connecting to your server.
Never edit the name of the installed file and its subfolders. Firstly you break the addon, and secondly the DRM during the checkup checks if the addon is installed to distribute the digital content, if it doesn't recognize the name then it will consider that it is not installed.
Do you have multiple scripts on different accounts here? For example if two friends buy scripts and one of them installs one of the scripts first, the server will take as owner the first one who installed the script, so only his scripts can be activated.
Solution: Open a ticket with both accounts to verify and to combine your purchases into one account. With a confirmation message from both parties.
The Addons on the Gmod CPE and SNTE workshop block by default HTTPS requests used by the system of activation. Don't forget to add my scripts to their whitelist.
Check your firewall, your server must have access to the web. Check that you can visit originahl-scripts.com
Some addons coded by amateurs claiming to be secure block requests without any real analysis or distinctions. And this breaks your installed addons, if they have made a whitelist put https://originahl-scripts.com in its whitelist, if they don't know how to do it then their addon is not made to help you.
Your server host blocks servers from certain countries, open a ticket and ask them if they can allow this domain name: https://originahl-scripts.com
5. How do I know if my host is blocking IP addresses from certain countries?
If your server displays an [UNKNOW COMMAND] when you use the nordahl_checkup_scriptprotection command you have the answer to question 8 and 9 above. Your server cannot contact the DRM at startup time.
Solution: Open a ticket to your host and ask to add the link to its whitelist. Once this is done, reboot your server
6. Without any reason you have to reactivate your script Why?
This means that your host has changed the IP address of your server and that the activation system does not recognize your new IP address, you will simply have to reactivate the script on the new IP. Don't forget to reboot your Gmod server
You have restarted your server during the maintenance of the site, in case of maintenance or update I always announce it on the page facebook, on groupe Steam and on Discord.
7. How do I know if Nordahl's DRM service is online or offline? You can check the status of services here: 🔵 Check status-of-services The status of services report is generated every minute.