Gmod Craft list builder + Crafting Mod - Script
Gmod Crafting Menu Editor lets your players create items by combining materials according to recipes you define on your Gmod server. In simple terms, it lets you create formulas using any spawnable object, then assemble them to create new items to your own specifications. Its great adaptability allows you to integrate it into any conceivable universe. For example, you could use it in the Harry Potter / Hogwarts universe to create potions or make magic wands. In the Star Wars universe, you could create lightsabers from items your players have to find. Then, imagine restricting access to and use of these formulas according to level, rank (vip), job or job category if you're using DarkRP. This means that not everyone can do everything. Improving players' status or progression will be driven by the acquisition of additional features through this crafting system.
Description of Gmod Craft list builder + Crafting ModSummary:
- 📕 Gmod Crafting Menu Editor addon description
- 🔁 Auto Crafting
- ⚙️ The different options
- 🔒 Craft recipe restrictions by level, rank, jobs and job categories
- 📦 Script size
- ❓ Gmod Crafting Menu Editor is for whom?
- ✔️ Addons Compatible with Gmod Crafting Menu Editor
- ⚠️ Not to be confused with Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator
📕 Description de l'addon Gmod Crafting Menu Editor?
Gmod Crafting Menu Editor will allow your players to create items with materials to be assembled from recipes you create yourself for your Gmod server. In simple terms, it lets you create formulas with any spawnable item, combining them to create a new one defined by you. The fact that it's ultra-adaptable means you can incorporate it into any imaginable universe. For example, Harry Potter / Hogwarts to create potions? Or Crafter des baguettes? On Starwars to craft lightsabers? Imagine then that you can limit access and use of formulas according to level, rank (vip), job or job category if you use DarkRP? Not just anyone can do anything. Improving their status will be motivated by additional features thanks to this crafting system.
As an owner, you'll be able to create crafts that are only accessible by job, job category, level or rank (like VIP, for example).
The server creator will be able to make recipes secret, i.e. players will see the craft in the list but will not see the recipe's components; they will have to discover the formula through clues or a knowledge base acquired in-game.
Conversely, you can make a formula visible but not the final product. In other words, players will see the recipe but not what it does, so they'll have to try it to find out what it does.
You'll define the experience points earned if the recipe succeeds, as well as the crafting failure rate as a percentage. For example, if you want a 50% chance of success for a given product, the player will have one chance in two of succeeding.
Then you define the time it will take to craft a given item. For example, if you want a given item to take 10 seconds to produce, that's up to you.
For certain servers and other scripts with products spawnable only by command, you'll be able to associate a server command with a craft. Once the craft has been successfully spawned, the server command will be launched.
From the craft recipe management panel on your Gmod server, you can create craft categories by assigning them a color code that can correspond to a domain.
The script can work even without any gamemode installed.
I consider Gmod Crafting Menu Editor to be one of my top gmod addons of 2023, and it's set to become a must-have.
🔁 Auto Crafting
Auto craft is an option that was suggested to me even before the script was published. It allows players to launch a series of crafts in a loop without repeating the same manipulation until they run out of ingredients. It can be deactivated from the configuration file.
⚙️ The various options
The system includes a craft formula creation and management panel. Spawning the objects you need and adding them to the boxes by detecting objects around you, this method avoids manual entry of class names and therefore avoids syntax errors when working with existing objects, as well as making configuration easier.
System for adding new craft on the fly:
To create a new recipe, simply press a green button that says: Add a new recipe (how's that for intuitive?). The line appears. Add the objects to the recipe and the entity to the output. Don't forget to give your craft formula a name.
The various options you can set per formula:
1. Edit craft formula name.
2. Choose the creation time of an entity.
3. Chance rate. You can make a formula more or less complicated to complete.
4. Experience points earned if the formula succeeds.
5. Make a recipe or the final result secret. To create secret craft formulas.
6. Manage the various conditions of access to a formula by level, rank, job and craft category.
7. Assign a server command to a craft.
8. Edit craft sound effects.
9. In addition to being able to modify formula ingredients in real time.
🔒 Craft recipe restrictions by level, rank, job and job category
Your players will only see the formulas that are accessible to them. This is because you can create different conditions for access to a formula.
1. Restricting a craft according to the player's level:
Define the level at which the crafting formula will be accessible. In other words, if you need to be level 20 for a formula, players below that level won't be able to access it.
2. Restrict a recipe by rank:
Define which ranks can see the recipe, useful when you want to create special crafts for VIPs. Or Adminstrators.
3. Restrict by job:
This means that if you've decided to use my script on a DarrkRP you can restrict access to a certain formula to one or more jobs. Other players who don't have the job won't be able to produce the item or see it in their crafting list.
4. Restrict a crafting formula according to the user's job category:
Same as for jobs, but this will affect the entire category. Anyone with a job in one of the authorized categories will be able to use the recipe.
📦 Script size
The script is coded to be relatively small so that it doesn't take up too much space when downloading.
The folder contains 3 Lua files. The client-side file is 60Kb. And a 6kb configuration file.
❓ Who is Gmod Crafting Menu Editor for?
For those who :
1. Wondered how to add a crafting system to my Gmod server. Gmod Crafting Menu Editor does it well, install and it's ready even without any configuration.
2. Looking for an optimised crafting system that is easy to configure.
3. Need to constantly change formulas on their server without rebooting, changes are in real time.
4. Want an inventory-free crafting system.
5. Want a crafting system integrated with the inventory system Norda Inventory System
✔️ GMod Compatible addons that can give you ideas
Before going any further, please note that you don't need any addon to run Gmod Crafting Menu Editor - it works fine on its own, and you don't need an inventory system to use it.
1.Gmod Advanced Inventory System will allow you to open the crafting menu easily via a button in the inventory interface, so you don't need to memorize a command. In addition to being able to choose items to add to the crafting menu from the inventory without spawning them on the ground.
2. Gmod Items Pack allows you to easily add craft materials to your server. It also makes it easy to add craft materials to recipes. Open the menu and click on the items you want.
3. Create recipes and hide clues on your maps with Gmod Documents Editor system, it allows you to generate documents that can be consulted on the map.
⚠️ Not to be confused with Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator
⚠️ Not to be confused with Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator is a workshop-based crafting system with its own recipe depending on the workshop and requiring a workshop nearby to craft an item, so you can't craft just anywhere you like. You can have both without any problems.
- The AddWorkshop function is automatically added to the script server file and can be deactivated from the configuration file. : resource.AddWorkshop( 2986921384 )
- To add gmod workshop resources to your collection : Gmod Craft list builder + Crafting Mod [Content Only] | Gmod Workshop
Or from the console with the command: craft_menu which allows you to bind a key to crafter.
If you're using Norda Inventory System, you'll see the "CRAFT" button at the bottom of your inventory. Click on it and the crafting menu will open. The advantage is that you can select items directly from the inventory.
Or do /setcraft in chat.
Or from the Nor Admin System via the shortcut button, whichever you prefer.
But you can also use my inventory system to add ingredients directly.