Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator - Script
Gmod Craft Workbench Creator is a non-predefined crafting system because you can create recipes by workshop types, you can limit access to them according to level, job, rank and job category. It fits in 2 files. Gmod Craft Workbench Creator allows you to create different workshops to craft items on your Garry's Mod servers. This is a big step to enrich the gameplay. Users will not be able to craft anywhere. They will craft with what they have on them and where there are crafting shops. You will have the ability to set success rates and crafting time per combination.
Description of Gmod CRAFT Workshop CreatorContents :
- 📘 Description of Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator addon
- ❓ What type of need can Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator meet
- 📚 Intuitive access to the craft list
- 🌎 Leverage your map environment on GMod
- ⚗️ Usage examples
- 👑 Administration and management
- 🧩 Gmod compatible inventory addons
- 🧰 Possible changes via the configuration file
- ⚠️ Not to be confused with Gmod Crafting Menu Editor
📘 Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator addon description
With Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator you don't buy a workshop with a unique model, it can be anything you want, and crafter everything that exists you are the creator of the list of crafts, recipes and different workshops.
You will be able to generate different types of crafting workshops with different lists of items that you create yourself from a workshop management interface, create combinations with the necessary components and choose which entity will be rendered at the end, configure the success rate of a combination and the time it will take to create it. Users will only be able to craft if they are nearby by pressing the USE key to open the workshop menu and interact with it.
It has a system of restricting access, for example by reserving the use of a kitchen to a player who is a cook. This is a simple example but if you want everyone to be able to interact only according to their level, rank (vip, user, admin for example), job or job category, then you are in the right place. It contains an access level and restriction by jobs, ranks or job categories.
Clearly, create and place each workshop that will be products of your own imagination that will allow to make objects that respect the Lore of your Gmod server in a simple and intuitive way. Without coding, you will create a list of crafts by type of workshop, buildable or cookable with their recipes and restrict access according to certain conditions of the player.
❓ What type of need can Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator meet?
Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator is for those :
- Who are looking for a versatile crafting system.
- Who are looking for a crafting system that allows your players to combine items into a finished product?
- Who are looking for a crafting system that respects the Gmod server lore.
- Want to create a cooking system with recipes and ingredients?
- Want to create a foundry system?
- Want a system where your players can craft ammunition?
- Want a system where your players can craft potions in a cauldron?
- A carpentry system?
- All of the above at the same time? Well yes if you have the workshop model linked to its use (A foundry model for a foundry) and the resources (Hammer, Metals, I plan to release a script to meet resource needs quickly) you will be able to do what you want and meet your needs in a single script.
📚 Intuitive crafting list access
I had already created a crafting system for the gamemode I created, but my players had to look at the crafting list on my site's wiki to know the combination, which was not well appreciated, I took note of that and I allow the crafting combinations of a workshop to be displayed on the right side of the screen when you want to craft an item. Your players won't have to search a website. But you will have the option to hide the ingredients if you want and only display the final products, it might make them search a bit.
🌎 Exploit the environment of your map on GMod
If you already have workshops placed on the map that you can't remove then exploit it. You will be able to create an invisible workshop, place it in the environment and it's done. The workshop that was useless now gets a role.
⚗️ Usage examples
Here are some example of usage type:
Since this script allows you to create a craft list by model type you could have multiple deviated uses for it, with one script for example:
- Create a base with a cauldron to allow certain jobs to craft magic potions in it.
- Create a base with a furnace model to melt your metals to make ingots. Or recycle metal objects into metal ingots.
- Create a base with a stove model to cook dishes by combining ingredients. (In the video you can see that I cook a cat, it's with humor I also like cats in one piece).
👑 Administration and management
As an admin manage everything from one interface.
Edit a workshop type and all the ones of the same type you placed on the map will be updated at the same time, no need to go to each workshop to edit them.
🧩 Addons Gmod Compatible
The script works well on its own because it basically allows you to place objects without an inventory system by storing the objects that are placed nearby. (Don't forget to put the objects you allow in the whitelist of the configuration file)
But it works even better with Gmod Advanced Inventory System which allow to place objects in the workshop without dropping them, in short the information is transmitted to the workshop without the server having to manage the physical spawn of an entity, it is a plus in optimization.
Concerning the list of objects that I use in my demonstration I plan to put it on the site it is a simple system that allows to create resources easily. The whole thing fits in a single file not very large. It currently contains 108 objects useful for crafting or other.
🧰 The possible modifications via the configuration file
From the configuration file you will have the possibility to activate the inventory if you have Gmod Advanced Inventory System installed.
You will also be able to hide the list of ingredients in the informative list of possible crafts.
You can configure or drop the item at the end of the craft. Either in the inventory or on the ground if you don't have an inventory system so the script is not dependent on my inventory system to work.
⚠️ Not to be confused with Gmod Crafting Menu Editor
Not to be confused with Gmod Crafting Menu Editor = An individual crafting system that doesn't require a workshop to craft an item, and lets you craft anywhere on a map. The two are compatible.
- The AddWorkshop function is automatically added to the script server file and can be deactivated from the configuration file. : resource.AddWorkshop( 2899052581 )
- To add gmod workshop resources to your collection : Gmod CRAFT Workshop Creator [Content Only] | Gmod Workshop
- By command in the console: craft_workbench_manager
- By spawn the initial entity from the spawn menu
- From the crafting interface of a workshop in the top right of the menu
- From the shortcut button in my admin system.
Offline will disconnect the entity from the network, it is more than making it invisible. Its network variables will not be transmitted on the network.
See the example in the image. (Blue square on the right with the small + in the middle)
In the middle he will have his crafting interface where he will be able to add the ingredients that are either near the workshop or in his inventory if my inventory system is installed. See the image below.
1 hammer + 4 nails + 1 board = Nailed board.
You don't want to lose the hammer, so set it to 0. So the hammer will be required but it won't disappear in the same way as the 4 nails used to achieve the result.
The weapon you want to spawn via the darkrp drop command is not really the weapon you are holding but an entity named spawned_weapon and it is this class that you might insert by mistake. This will result in the following error:
[ERROR] A runtime error has occurred in "[C]" on line -1.
The best help I can give you is this:
spawned_weapon has model "models/error.mdl" with no physics and will be motionless
- Does this model have an associated physics model (modelname.phy)?
- Is this model supposed to have physics? Many models, like effects and view models aren't made to have physics
- The issue lies with weapon ""
The responsibility for the error above lies with (the authors of) one (or more) of these files:
1. function 'Spawn'
2. addons/norda_craft_workshop_creator/lua/autorun/nordahl_sv/sv_norda_craft_workbench_creator.lua on line 48
3. addons/norda_craft_workshop_creator/lua/autorun/nordahl_sv/sv_norda_craft_workbench_creator.lua on line 440
------- End of Simplerr error -------