Home / Marketplace / Gmod Scripts / Gmod Keypads System and door lock manager / Description
Description of Gmod Keypads System and door lock manager
Gmod Keypad System and door lock manager is a script that allows you to generate keypads on your Gmod server and link them to the map doors. Once linked the doors are locked according to the status of the keypad. A small red light on the keypad indicates that it is locked, orange blocked (when there are errors in the code sent), green to say that it is open.
The keypad generation system is easy to use, just aim at the place where you want to place a keypad and spawl it. To link it to a door press USE on it and USE on a door. That's it. Go back to the keypad if you do use it and you will see the interface open. The default code 0000 will allow you to do your tests before changing it.
From the management panel (admin menu of the keypad system). All the doors related to the keypads are displayed in the management menu. You will be able to manage the passwords, the status of the locks, and see all the keypads linked to the doors.
From the admin panel you can define some system rules. For example, the duration of the blocking of a keypad when a wrong password is inserted. By default it is set to 5 seconds.
Each keypad has three LEDs: red, green and orange.
The red LED means that it is locked.
The green LED means it is unlocked.
The orange LED means it is locked. The blocking time occurs after an error. You can define this timeout yourself.
You can link several keypads to a single door and the distance does not affect the proper functioning of the system, this is useful for creating hiding places, secret passage, enigma with reward, escape game, for your survival horror, etc.
1- Aim at the place where you want to place a keypad.
2- Open the spawnmenu of the gmod sandbox, or if you don't use the sandbox from the spawmenu of the keypad management interface.
3- Click on the type of keypad of your choice which will appear where you aim.
4- Press USE on the Keypad and then USE on the door of your choice. That's it. The default password is 0000. Go back to your keypad and type in this code to verify. To change the password you will see the new line displayed with the code 0000.
To add a second Keypad in the other direction on the same door, just do the same manipulation. The password will remain the one you have configured.
1. A management interface to manage all installed keypads and linked doors.
2. A database to save the status of keypads and doors linked to keypads.
3. 4 types of keypads with their own operating mode.
4. Optimal gmod workshop resource pack: 0.212 MB, reduce the download time on the workshop as well.
-Touch Keypad #1: This is a Keypad with a touch interface, when the right password is inserted, the system turns on a green light and unlocks the interface with touch options on its screen. You can then lock and unlock the door associated with them. It does not automatically re-lock once your manipulations are completed, you can re-lock it using the lock button on the interface.
- Numerical Keypad #2: This is a simple numerical keypad. When you enter the right code, the red light turns green to indicate that the door is unlocked. The door will automatically relock after a few seconds. You will then see the little light turn red again.
- Keypad #3: This is a simple numeric Keypad. It is identical to the keyboard #2 in terms of functionality, but in a different and darker style.
- Keypad #4: This is a button that returns to its initial position after a given time. It allows to bypass the password. Useful when you want to hide a switch to open a door. It allows to bypass the password when used on a door already equipped with a keypad. For example, if you want to enter on one side, you have to type a password to enter and on the other side, you just have to press a button to exit.
- Toggle button #5: Like button #4, it allows you to bypass the password to unlock a door, except that button #5 does not return to its initial position. It is therefore a switch, which does not automatically return to the locked position.
- Alphabetical Keypad #6: This is a keyboard with alphabetical keys from a to z and a Shift key that allows you to switch to shift mode when the right password is entered, once the right password is sent the linked door opens. It re-locks automatically, the delay is modifiable from the management interface.
- Digital Keypad #7[/b] : This is a simple digital Keypad, without LED to indicate its status. It is identical to Keypad #2 in terms of functionality.
- Digital Keypad LCD #8[/b] : It is a simple digital Keypad with a green LCD screen, without light (green, red, orange). It is identical to Keypad #2 in terms of functionality.
1. You want to lock access to some places in a roleplay way with an intuitive keypad system.
2. You are looking for a script for your escape game on gmod? That's the purpose of this script.
3. You want to add content and puzzles with reward for your servers.
4. You are looking for a keypad system that does not weigh anything on your server? The client file is only 37kb. And the workshop resources are 0.140 MB.
You have the ability to manage everything from an interface that you are now used to seeing. And to switch between all the interfaces of my different systems from the shortened buttons.
From this single interface you will be able to manage the database, the DarkRP jobs (or team), the modules, and the HUD.
The backup system allows you to find the keypads you have placed on the map, the passwords and the links with the concerned doors.
But also to save the state of the keypads and the doors of the map after a reboot.
The management panel allows you to enable and disable its options that will define the operating rules of the installed keypads.
time_lock: Keypad blocking time in seconds when an input is false (orange). Numerical value (time in seconds).
time_relock: Re-locking time for auto re-locking keypads. Numerical value (time in seconds).
lockkeypad_afterreboot: Automatically lock the keypads after a reboot. ON | OFF.
auto_editpasswords: Dynamically change the password after a reboot. ON | OFF.
save_latch_door: Save the opening state of a door (Locked/Unlocked). ON | OFF.
lock_info_chat: Indicate by message the type of lock. ON | OFF.
Installation: Download and Unzip the folder norda_keypads_system.zip Install the addon in the addons file of your Gmod server,
- Path : garrysmod/addons/ norda_keypads_system
Tip to avoid the leak of Gmod Keypads System and door lock manager installed on your Garry's Mod server: How avoid the Leak of your Gmod scripts
How Install an addon on Gmod? : How install an addon on Gmod
How Publish an addon on the Gmod workshop? : Documentation how create a content pack to publish on the workshop?
Not yet reviewed
Last update :
Garry's Mod Server