Gmod Server Title Screen Build - Addon
Gmod Server Title Screen Build or also called Gmod Home Screen, is an addon that allows you to install an editable title screen on your server that will give your players the effect that they have just stepped into a new game. Welcome your players cleanly, on a nice interface that presents your server, on a background, style, music, sound effects that you have chosen. While offering a spawn protection to each player. Customize the action and display of each button by highlighting your store for example. This addon also optimizes the Gmod server, more information in the description.
Description of Gmod Server Title Screen BuildSummary:
- 📘 Description of Gmod Server Title Screen Build
- 🧰 How this addon optimizes your Gmod server
- 📦 What Gmod Server Title Screen Build contains
- 🛡️ A Spawn Protection
- ❓ What type of need can Gmod Server Title Screen Build meet?
- 🖌️ Possible customizations of the Gmod title screen
- 🕹️ Commands
- 🧩 Customizable interface collection to make your server more unique
📘 Description of Gmod Server Title Screen Build
To start with the Gmod Server Title Screen Build addon offers two real editable and complete title screens for your Garry's Mod server.
1. The first title screen is a customized presentation screen of your server, an edited background with its music and if you wish this first title screen will be accompanied by a scrolling banner of your news or text area that you created with another of my Escape Menu Editor scripts. In this first title screen, after pressing a key for "Continue" you will arrive on the second title screen.
2. The second title screen welcomes you with various choices and button suggestions, for example a donation button that will redirect to your site's store or a "Play" button to spawn or "Create a character". For example if you have a character creation system installed you can associate it with a button or remove it if you don't need it. Once the player presses "Play" (if you have named it so) the player will finally spawn on the map of your GMod server among the players already in the game. He will then receive his equipment, and everything that has been put on hold (Voir 🧰 How this addon optimizes your Gmod server).
How does it happen on the player side?
When your players will connect to your Gmod server, they will arrive smoothly on a title screen that will give them the information you want to transmit and the impression of being on a full game, or a new gamemode, while you probably don't have any installed or just have a DarkRP installed, even without gamemode it will not change anything and it will still do its job.
Accompanied by a music that you will have chosen and a background image with the colors of your desires that follows the background image, this first title screen will propose to press a key to continue making it arrive on a second title screen.
The 2nd title screen, you will be able to propose various buttons, function / Commands / Open a link.
When the player dies, he will return to the title screen after a few seconds.
Small bonus combination with another of my gmod addons if installed, any banner and informative text area created with my GMod Escape Menu will be able to be associated with one or both of the home screens.
🧰 How this addon optimizes your Gmod server
This script also optimizes your Gmod server by reducing CPU and network load spikes at a user's login, it reduces freezes by deferring certain functions launched massively by the player at that player's login, the player who is not yet in the game can be placed in a zone where there is no activity, as he does not need to see and receive what he cannot see during his login.
How does the optimization work after the loads?
When a player comes in many Gmod scripts and addons use the PlayerInitialSpawn, PlayerSelectSpawn and PlayerSpawn hooks to send him information. Without the title screen everything is thrown at once and causes a big load immediately, a work for the server to provide everything at once when there are a lot of them, when the server is already slow this can be felt when a player has just arrived by a freeze hit.
So to start with all hooks PlayerInitialSpawn, PlayerSpawn, PlayerSelectSpawn are disabled.
When the player gets to the first menu that tells him to press a key, he will manually wake up the PlayerInitialSpawn functions.
When he presses play, he will then wake up the PlayerSpawn and PlayerSelectSpawn functions. This has the effect of deferring the load generated by the PlayerInitialSpawn, PlayerSelectSpawn and PlayerSpawn functions and therefore the load on the server at the time of the user's connection. This will not change anything to the good functioning of its basic functions, I do not remove any of them. It will also solve the problems of functions launched too early. In conclusion I spread the load.
📦 What Gmod Server Title Screen Build contains
1. A system for optimizing spawn functions.
2. Two customizable title screens. Players arrive on your server and know what they are getting into.
3. A spawn protection system. Players don't see people who are not in game, because the user can spawn in a place you choose far away and inaccessible to players already in game.
4. A real-time customization mod for title screens.
🛡️ A Spawn Protection
It will be possible to make sure that you get spawn protection, to protect players already in game while the user is in his title screen, players can't see you by being placed in a safe area away from players.
So a player in the title screen is not visible in game by other players. So you can remove spawn protection scripts or safe zones from the spawn areas. This will also optimize your server at the same time.
❓ What type of need can Gmod Server Title Screen Build meet?
How to delay the functions launched too early to avoid bugs when the player receives the information of a gmod add-on too early?
How to add a title screen to delay the arrival of the player on your server.
You want the player to get important information about the type of universe you offer or the rules before he arrives in game.
How to spawn a player in a waiting room to protect him before he is in game?
How to set up a spawn protection on Gmod?
How to make a player who is not yet in game spawning in a room that no one can see.
I would like that the players who arrive on the server do not appear in the middle of other players.
Put music when the player arrives on my server.
Put music or a sound effect when the player spawns on my server.
I'm looking for an efficient way to make the rules of my Gmod server read without it being intrusive when the player arrives on the server.
🖌️ Possible customizations of the Gmod title screen
1. Customize the button actions. Be it a console command or a link. Or nothing.
2. Customize the style, position and colors of the buttons.
3. Customize the image of the first home screen, add banners or the message area you created with the Escape Menu Editor.
4. Customize the image of the second home screen on your Gmod server, add the banners or the message area.
5. Customize the sound effects and music of the home menu. The sound comes in smoothly and goes out smoothly. Just like the display.
There are no commands to know at the moment, everything is done as a button to press.
🧩 Customizable interface collection to make your server more unique
1. Customize the front page of your gmod server with 🧩 Gmod Server Title Screen Build
2. Customize your escape menu with 🧩 Gmod Escape Menu Editor
3. Customize your Deathscreen with 🧩 Gmod Deathscreen Customisable
4. Customize your scoreboard called tabmenu or Scoreboard with 🧩 Gmod Scoreboard Editable
5. Customize your F4 menu with 🧩 DarkRP F4 Menu customizable
- The AddWorkshop function is automatically added to the script server file and can be deactivated from the configuration file. : resource.AddWorkshop( 2780114548 )
- To add gmod workshop resources to your collection : Gmod Server Title Screen Build [Content Only] | Gmod Workshop
Go to the palette at the top right of the screen title: Change the banner image.
Upload your image on imgur. And take the link of the image with right click (It must end with its extension for example .png or .jpg).
Go to the palette at the top right: Change background images of title screens / Background 1 or 2
You will be able to choose different styles but also position the text on the left, center or right side of the button. The icons too.
cfg.Respawn_Timer = 10 -- 10 = 10 seconds
----- Behavior at death -----
-- 0 = Return to title screen after death
-- 1 = Player respawns on the map
cfg.Respawn_After_Death = 0
cfg.hooks_defer_clientside = 0
cfg.hooks_defer_serverside = 0
Their purpose is to optimize and smooth the arrival of the user by smoothing certain processes to soften the throttling that the server undergoes at each connection.
And replace the 1 by 0.
0 = OFF Do nothing after death.
1 = ON do the action you defined with : cfg.Respawn_After_Death