Home / Marketplace / Gmod Scripts / Gmod Deathscreen Customisable / Description
Description of Gmod Deathscreen Customisable
You asked me for a Deathscreen, here it is! Looking for a deathscreen that is both a useful and intuitive tool? Give your players a death that matches your project and finally an interface they have never seen elsewhere, no more standardized deathscreens.
Gmod Deathscreen Customisable (or Deadmenu) is a nice menu that appears when your players die in game on your Gmod server, it is customizable in real time and entirely, I thought it to allow you to make your deathmenu as you imagined it, the customization possibilities are complete and provide the necessary resources to allow you to create a Deathscreen that looks like no other, just like a project should have its own identity offer a unique visual stewardship to your players.
Change the aesthetic whenever you want, without changing scripts, without buying a new Deathscreen. And without rebooting your GMod servers. If one day a background image seems to fit better to your theme, publish it for example on IMGUR and copy the link of the image (containing the extension .jpg or .png) in "Change the background image and magic! Done."
How does it work on the player side? In game when the player dies the Deathscreen is displayed, he sees a nice little progress bar that tells him the time he has left before he can respawn that you set the duration yourself, the spawn buttons appear and the player can click to respawn or get up at the position where he died. You can set the time in seconds that the player has to wait before he can respawn or stand up and also disable it. The time can be shorter for VIP or donor members if you wish.
Some usefull pre-configuration
I have preconfigured buttons in the config file which allows you to add and remove buttons by default.
A button that allows you to respawn where you died for example or a return to the home screen of your server.
How does it work in game to customize the Deathscreen?
When the admin wants to configure the Deathscreen, he doesn't have to die to do it, he can enter the command in his console: "deathscreen_edit" that I will indicate in the wiki, the Deathscreen is displayed, ready to be edited click on the palette in the upper right and all its options are available to you.
Configure the colors which correspond to the atmosphere of your universe, modify the death message, move the elements, the background image, the background banner which is behind the death message, the waiting time in seconds before being able to respawn.
It is compatible with all Gmod gamemodes and DarkRP. (StarwarsRP, HogwartsRP, MangaRP, HaloRP, SchoolRP, MilitaryRP, StalkerRP, ZombieRP, ect).
Don't worry the system is translated into 5 languages, English, French, German, Russian, Spanish. Feel free to suggest other languages.
Force the waiting time of a player in the Deathscreen by customizing the respawn time in seconds, you can disable it by setting it to 0 seconds, so the player doesn't have to wait to respawn, or set it to a time that offers a break to the player who has just died, or set it to a more consequent time that allows to respawn the NLR in an automatic way, no more anti NLR warnings on your Roleplay servers.
- Customize the colors of your theme in your Deathscreen.
- Customize the death message: this is the message you want to display on the deathscreen for example: "YOU ARE DEAD" or "GAME OVER" you adapt according to your project.
- Change the position of each element: It is added the X Y position of each element. Play with the sliders to adapt the position of the elements according to your image, or as you imagine it.
- Change or remove music or sound effect : When the Deathscreen is displayed you can launch a music or a sound effect (on my gamemode for example I put heartbeats). The music is cut cleanly in fading when the Deathscreen is closed at the time of the Respawn of the player.
- Modify the background image : You can put one as you can not put one.
- You can also customize the buttons and also rename them, for example, to make a respawn, replace the text by "Continue", or add buttons like a back to home screen button if you have one installed (which will also be one of my next scripts). Or leave only one button.
On the performance side, all this is without any consequence on the performance of your Gmod server. The system doesn't need loops to work and is minimalist, so you save resources for other much heavier scripts. On the network side, the connected players only receive the information if you make changes. The players who connect receive the resources only once. If you want to push the vice of optimization, it is possible to copy your configuration in the configuration file manually and disable the server side code when you are done in a single variable in the configuration file by putting a 0 to the variable cfg.enable_update_serverside_to_clientside=1.
The background images are downloaded only once thanks to my caching system which makes the image download only once.
The controls are also integrated as buttons in the panel.
Everything you add or delete is stored in real time in a system that is independent of all other systems to ensure compatibility.
Install the script nordahl_deathscreen_customisable in the addons file of your Gmod server: Steam / steamapps / common / GarrysMod / garrysmod / addons /
You can find the configuration file here: nordahl_deathscreen_customisable / lua / autorun / nordahl_deathscreen_config.lua
From the configuration file it is possible to change the font, the buffers, the translations and also to select a basic preset. Please refer to the script wiki for more details.
Compatible with ULX, SAM admin, SERVEURGUARD, FADMIN, even without.
Compatible with all gamemodes on Garry's Mod : DarkRP, StarwarsRP, HogwartsRP, CityRP, gtaRP, AnimRP, MangaRP, ScoolRP, CloneRP, CloneRP, HaloRP, HarryPotterRP, PoudlardRP, MedievalRP, StalkerRP, ZombieRP, Sandbox, TTT, mod.
1. Customize the front page of your gmod server with 🧩 Gmod Server Title Screen Build
2. Customize your escape menu with 🧩 Gmod Escape Menu Editor
3. Customize your Deathscreen with 🧩 Gmod Deathscreen Customisable
4. Customize your scoreboard called tabmenu or Scoreboard with 🧩 Gmod Scoreboard Editable
5. Customize your F4 menu with 🧩 DarkRP F4 Menu customizable
Installation: Download and Unzip the folder nordahl_deathscreen_customisable.zip Install the addon in the addons file of your Gmod server,
- Path : garrysmod/addons/ nordahl_deathscreen_customisable
Tip to avoid the leak of Gmod Deathscreen Customisable installed on your Garry's Mod server: How avoid the Leak of your Gmod scripts
How Install an addon on Gmod? : How install an addon on Gmod
How Publish an addon on the Gmod workshop? : Documentation how create a content pack to publish on the workshop?
5.00/5 based on 1 reviews
Last update :
Garry's Mod Server
🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇷🇺 🇪🇸